[mythtv-users] lifeview dvb trio configuration

rghetta birrachiara at tin.it
Fri Sep 1 23:32:56 UTC 2006

hi all.
I just brought a lifeview dvb trio PCI, an analog/DVB-T/DVB-S/FM capture
card.
AFAIK, despite the name, is just a dual tuner card (analog + digital)
with the digital portion able to capture both DVB-T and DVB-S, but not
simultaneously (you can record from digital and analog at the same time).
At this time, the linux driver supports only analog and DVB-T.  Both
appear to work with mythtv (note: I'm using SVN) if configured as two
separate cards.

According to documentation, however, a dual dvb-analog card should be
configured as a single DVB card, using an "Analog Options" button to
configure the analog part.
But this button is only available for *some* ATSC cards (pchdtv and
dvico), not for DVB.
So I'm wondering how to properly configure my card. Should the Analog
Options" button be enabled also for DVB cards ?
Or the pchdtv/dvico cards need this option because they have digital and
analog inputs, but can't use them at the same time ?

Sooner or later, linux will also support DVB-S on this card.
Can I configure a single tuner with both DVB-T and DVB-S in mythtv, or
the current code assumes that a tuner will capture only one DVB type ?

Greetings,
Riccardo