[mythtv-users] Intel Mac Mini, FC6, Myth0.20

Matt Hannan mythtvlist at cox.net
Thu Oct 26 22:09:23 UTC 2006

Nathan Harris wrote:
> Have you tired the MythTV frontend under OS X yet?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth_on_Mac_x86
> http://collectivity.goof.com/
>
> This runs on my iMac, but will kill my KnoppMyth backend when choosing
> live tv without leaving a trace in the system log.  I'm not sure what
> is going on and it's hard to debug with no evidence except the lack of
> the backend process running.  But, the mac remote with built-in IR
> works on the iMac under the OS X build.  I'm not sure if the Mini has
> built-in IR or not.
Oh yeah. I am familiar with running MythTV in OS X.
It lacks MythMusic, which I really like. I find it does the job I want
it to without beating me over the head about a billion other things I
couldn't care about.
I also like xmms and WinAmp, and HATE HATE HATE iToons and WMP.
Let's not make this thread about that, tho! ;-)

Another limiting factor in MythTV on OS X is that I could never get
mplayer or xine properly installed via DarwinPorts.
They both kept throwing "random" errors during compile that I could not
figure out.

Update for today:
So, I am totally convinced that my issue is an xorg.conf issue.
I picked up a wireless keyboard and mouse and moved the Mini over to the
TV where it will live.
When I boot and select FC6 in rEFIt, the screen flashes blue and that is
all I get.
I'm gonna rebuild it in place this evening...might even try to get a
swap partition set up.