[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and QAM

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Oct 17 15:08:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 10:31 -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>  > > 2) MythTV setup gets confused and incorrectly adds them as analog
>  > > channels.
>  >Really? Jafa, can you reproduce this on your end and send me
>  >the "mythtv-setup -vchannel,siparser" output from the scan?
> After the scan the channels show in the format for example
> (Unnamed: 1800) (80#0) (zap)
> (Unnamed: 1801) (80#1) (zap
> which I'm told indicates that they are identified as analog. It does
> find the right number of subchannels but the subchannel numbers are not
> correct.
No they are not analog, these are properly inserted digital channels,
they just don't have names because they are raw MPEG channels and not
true ATSC channels. Where did you read they were analog?

> And again, if I bypass the scanning and manually add channels with the
> right subchannel numbers and format (eg 80-201), the failure occurs when
> I tune to the channel and it tries to demultiplex
Oops! This is your mistake. You should just rename the channels that
the MythTV scanner inserts, preferably using the Frontend Channel
Editor. To manually insert digital channels you need a command of
SQL and you need to create not just the channel table row, but also
a matching dtv_multiplex table row with the frequency, modulation, etc.

-- Daniel