[mythtv-users] Updating MPEG-2 database information after external editing?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:50:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sometimes mythtranscode fails on my DVB-T recordings with error 232 (or
sometimes 235). I know this is a known bug, so I'm trying to work around it.

I'd like to use projectx to edit some of my MPEG2 files. I've done a couple
of files manually, by cutting them using projectx then moving the edited
files to replace the originals. This means MythTV doesn't know the original
has been edited, and still thinks the file has a longer runtime and a larger
filesize than the edited version.

I've tried running mythcommflag --rebuild, but that makes MythTV think a
30minute show lasts for about 2hours.

Is there anyway of making mythtv rescan the edited file and update the
database accordingly?

Thanks,

Jonny