[mythtv-users] Random horizontal flashes

William Otte w.otte at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Oct 8 20:51:18 UTC 2006

Hi Joe -

On Oct 7, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Joe Votour wrote:

> Although I haven't come up with a solution yet, I do see the same
> problem.

Glad to see that I am not alone!

> My problem though is that I made so many changes at the same time (new
> video card, new MythTV version, new nVidia driver version), and I
> don't
> want to distrupt the system yet, since it's baseball playoff time.
> (And
> baseball on Fox in HD looks so good!)

Right - in my case, I have new versions of damn near everything (down
to the Fedora version), a new output method (was using PVR-350 TV
out), and a new TV.  I don't have enough time right now to sit down
and really bend my brain around the problem, at least for a few
weeks, so I certainly hope one of the wise souls around here can give
me some direction so that I can maximize my troubleshooting efforts.

Please do let me know if you think of anything, and I will do the
same... once I get some time really immerse myself in the problem.

Thanks,
/-Will