[mythtv-users] Random horizontal flashes

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 05:07:27 UTC 2006

<snip>

> Right - in my case, I have new versions of damn near everything (down
> to the Fedora version), a new output method (was using PVR-350 TV
> out), and a new TV.  I don't have enough time right now to sit down
> and really bend my brain around the problem, at least for a few
> weeks, so I certainly hope one of the wise souls around here can give
> me some direction so that I can maximize my troubleshooting efforts.
>
> Please do let me know if you think of anything, and I will do the
> same... once I get some time really immerse myself in the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> /-Will

Tonight I tried playing back one of the affected files with mplayer on my
frontend, and unfortunately, the flashes are still there.  Playing the
video on my laptop under Windows (using Media Player Classic) with an ATI
chipset does not have the flashing.

At this point, my suspicion is the nVidia driver or the hardware itself.
I'll find some time to drag out my old frontend, or put the ATI card in
the PCI Express 16 slot and see what happens.

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com