[mythtv-users] Random horizontal flashes

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 22:21:34 UTC 2006

> Hi folks -
>
> i have recently been trying to get my mythtv box working with a newly
> purchased Vizio 32" HDTV.   I have been able to get things working
> quite smoothly, thanks in no small part to the excellent
> documentation and tutorials available, I am experiencing a problem
> which I have been unable to find a solution for.
>
> During playback - of anything - be it live TV, video files, or DVDs,
> I get smooth and clear playback, except for a number of horizontal
> white lines.  These white lines pop up randomly, typically do not
> span the whole screen, and are worst when I have whatever source I am
> using paused.
>
> I have been trying to search the list seeking folks with similar
> problems, and have not met with much success.  Solutions I have tried
> include turing on/off de-interlacing and reducing my X resolution -
> neither solution makes the problem better or worse.
>
> I am currently running at a resolution of 1366x768 with mythtv 0.2
> (from ATRPMs) with a GeForce 4 MX (32 Mb of video memory), and am
> driving the display with a VGA connection.  My CPU usage is sitting
> comfortably at about 20% (regardless of what type of playback I am
> using), and these artifacts don't seem to appear in the mythtv
> interface or X in general.
>
> Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> /-Will

Although I haven't come up with a solution yet, I do see the same problem.

My problem though is that I made so many changes at the same time (new
video card, new MythTV version, new nVidia driver version), and I don't
want to distrupt the system yet, since it's baseball playoff time.  (And
baseball on Fox in HD looks so good!)

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com