[mythtv-users] mythburn or mytharchive?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 4 18:01:07 UTC 2006

William Munson wrote:
> Timothy Waters wrote:
>
>> The MythTV wiki says to use Mytharchive, but someone mentioned here
>> recently that they prefer mythburn. What should I use?
>>

> I had many issues installing mythburn and never did get it working 100%.
> My experience with mytharchive has been largely good since moving to
> 0.20. The current SVN mytharchive has even more features than 0.20. For
> some reason it does not appear that the author is applying any fixes to
> the 0.20-fixes branch so I would not recommend that branch at this time.

I have been applying bug fixes to the 0.20-fixes branch!. Any that I've
missed?  Sometimes I may wait a few days after applying a bug fix to
trunk before merging it into the fixes branch just to make sure its
working correctly. All _new_ feature's will only get applied to the the
svn trunk though.

Paul H.