[mythtv-users] mythburn or mytharchive?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:18:48 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, Timothy Waters <timothy.waters at gmail.com> wrote:
> The MythTV wiki says to use Mytharchive, but someone mentioned here recently
> that they prefer mythburn. What should I use?

Mytharchive is based on the scripts from mythburn.
Mytharchive is actively being developed.
Mythburn was a royal pain to get set up and probably requires serious
hacking to get it running on anything newer than about mythtv 0.19

I will say that I much preferred burning DVDs from mythburn's web
interface to mytharchive's mythtv interface, but I presume that in
time, mytharchive will have a web interface too.

Actually, I _really_ miss being able to do a date sort from the web
interface for mythburn and make DVDs of shows in airdate order - any
way to do that with the mytharchive UI that I'm missing?

-Ross