[mythtv-users] OSD width is same as video being played, not the video mode

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Oct 2 02:29:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 00:04 -0700, Joe Votour wrote:
> If I press the "Info" button twice (bringing up the show information), the
> width of the OSD is different:
> Widescreen (16x9) (720p): The OSD is the width of the entire screen
> Normal (4:3): The OSD is the width of the program being played.

The conventional OSD is always the width of the video.
This is a limitation of this OSD rendering method. In
the future there will be two additional OSD rendering
methods, OpenGL OSD and Composite Extension OSD. But
these require some work and probably won't be available
even in the next release of MythTV. These two additional
methods only work with nVidia drivers, though the
Composite Extension OSD should eventually work with
other video drivers.

-- Daniel