[mythtv-users] OSD width is same as video being played, not the video mode

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 03:07:57 UTC 2006

> On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 00:04 -0700, Joe Votour wrote:
>> If I press the "Info" button twice (bringing up the show information),
>> the
>> width of the OSD is different:
>> Widescreen (16x9) (720p): The OSD is the width of the entire screen
>> Normal (4:3): The OSD is the width of the program being played.
>
> The conventional OSD is always the width of the video.
> This is a limitation of this OSD rendering method. In
> the future there will be two additional OSD rendering
> methods, OpenGL OSD and Composite Extension OSD. But
> these require some work and probably won't be available
> even in the next release of MythTV. These two additional
> methods only work with nVidia drivers, though the
> Composite Extension OSD should eventually work with
> other video drivers.

Daniel,

Thanks for the information.  It actually wasn't until earlier today that I
was reading some messages in the archives trying to figure out why this
was the case.

When I was using the Chromakey OSD, it wasn't a problem, because it was a
different surface that the OSD was rendered to, not the actual video
output.

Darn nVidia for getting rid of the ability of using the Chromakey hack in
the 6000-series chipsets!  :)

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com