[mythtv-users] transcoding and mythburn confusion

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 03:15:44 UTC 2006

On 3/30/06, Christopher M. Jones <cjones at partialflow.com> wrote:

> Help me fix the problem with mythburn
>
> I'm using MythTV 0.19
> Mythburn sources from cvs
> ProjectX 0.90.3.01/31.01.2006

Hey Chris,

I think the problem may be that your transcoding the files to remove
the cut list.  When I tried mythburn, you let projectX do the cutting
for you, so don't involve the mythtranscoder at all.

Chances are your transcoding from MPEG2 to an MPEG4-type file, which
ProjectX doesn't like.

I don't like the current mythburn.  I know it is fast, but it seems to
introduce too many dependencies and too much pain.  I would prefer
(and have thought about doing) an implementation that uses the
nuvexport tool to do the cutting and transocding.  It may be slower,
but it at least allows me to create DVD compatible files from my
transcoded (i.e. MPEG4-ish) recordings.

Anyways, I ramble....

Whytey