[mythtv-users] OT: TiVo series 3

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 19 03:11:05 UTC 2006

>You're correct of course. I could go on and on about how Myth can do
>this and that better than a TiVo, and from my perspective I would be
>right.

I'm not sure there's anything myth does *better* than a tivo :) but
there are certainly plenty of things that myth does that tivo can't
do.
I think the main reason for this is the different approach the two
took to get where they are. MythTV is a programmable recorder. You
can also watch live TV with it. Tivo OTOH is *always* recording
live TV. You can also tell it to save certain shows for you.