[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Fri Mar 17 11:54:45 UTC 2006

> Transcode to MPEG-2 is not supported currently.  You can do "lossless"
> transcoding which mainly just cuts out the portions you don't want, fills
> in the necessary frames to attach the two ends together, and fixes bad
> spots in the stream.

OK, that's actually great to know - there is hope that mplayer's transcode
could be used to get mpeg-2 out of the cut video from myth then...  How do
I ask for lossless transcoding?  (I'll ask google as well, but if you have
a pointer...)

> I'm playing around with code in my local SVN tree to allow
> NuppelVideoRecorder to generate a mpeg-ps stream instead of a nuppel .nuv
> file.  This would mean you could both software encode to MPEG-2 while
> recording and transcode from either MPEG-4/MPEG-2/RTJPEG to MPEG-2.  This
> probably won't be in SVN for a while, it's just something I started
> messing with earlier this week and I'm learning libavcodec and
> libavformat as I go since I haven't messed with them a lot prior to this.

Thanks for looking into it!  There are some amazing people working on
mythtv!

Thanks,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org