[mythtv-users] Plextor M402U. Supported or not?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Mar 17 06:50:34 UTC 2006

* On Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:03:00PM -0500, Dale E. Martin wrote:
> - transcode to mpeg-2 does not seem to work.  I'd like to hear someone else
> chime in on this and see if it's me doing something stupid or if it's
> really not supported.

Transcode to MPEG-2 is not supported currently.  You can do "lossless"
transcoding which mainly just cuts out the portions you don't want, fills
in the necessary frames to attach the two ends together, and fixes bad
spots in the stream.

I'm playing around with code in my local SVN tree to allow NuppelVideoRecorder
to generate a mpeg-ps stream instead of a nuppel .nuv file.  This would
mean you could both software encode to MPEG-2 while recording and transcode
from either MPEG-4/MPEG-2/RTJPEG to MPEG-2.  This probably won't be in
SVN for a while, it's just something I started messing with earlier this week
and I'm learning libavcodec and libavformat as I go since I haven't messed
with them a lot prior to this.

--
Chris