[mythtv-users] Connecting to my TV

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Sun Mar 12 20:26:04 UTC 2006

> You are using the Xorg nVidia driver (NV), not the
> nVidia binary driver (NVIDIA).  The Xorg driver
> doesn't support many of the things that the nVidia
> driver does.
>
> I've never dealt with installing the nVidia driver on
> SuSE, so I can't help you there, other than to say,
> read the documentation and install the download from
> their website.

Yes, forgot to mention, I tried 'nvidia' as well and still received the
NV information with vendor X.org Foundation. So, I guess that seals it
that I will download from the nVidia site and install myself. One
question about their doc though, it says 'Kernel sources must be
installed and configured' in the SuSE documentation the nVidia points to
for SuSE installs. I installed my kernel source and the nVidia installer
says..

-> Using the kernel source path
   '/usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15/include/linux/kernel.h' as specified by the
   '--kernel-source-path' commandline option.
ERROR: The kernel source path
'/usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15/include/linux/kernel.h'
       does not exist.  Please make sure you have installed the kernel
source
       files for your kernel and that they are properly configured; on
Red Hat
       Linux systems, for example, be sure you have the 'kernel-source' RPM
       installed.  If you know the correct kernel source files are
installed,
       you may specify the kernel source path with the
'--kernel-source-path'
       command line option.

However...
media:~ # ls -lah /usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15/include/linux/kernel.h
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 9.3K Sep 13 11:52
/usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15/include/linux/kernel.h

Plus, this doc here I found looks to be my situation maybe, do I need a
VGA to Component Video converter or is my S-Video able to work with my
Mitsubishi 55" 1080i HDTV with only CV, S-Video or coaxial inputs.

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php

--
Robert