[mythtv-users] KDE Autostart won't allow suid root?

Paul Archer tigger at io.com
Sat Jun 10 04:53:00 UTC 2006

I've got a SuSE 10.0 box with KDE autostarting my mythfrontend as the user
'mythtv'. I've set /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend to setuid root, and made a
link to that file in ~mythtv/.kde/Autostart/. But when the program runs, I'm
getting messages that it's not running as root (which is confirmed by the ps
command).
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to change to get this working
properly?

Paul Archer