[mythtv-users] World Cup Recordings

Caleb tinwhisker12 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 05:28:41 UTC 2006

I am able to record them with my PVR-500 Card just fine and playback is fine
as long as they are in Mpeg 2 format.  I am experiencing that when I try to
transcode them that the quality is sub-par at best.  When I use the same
encoding setting which is the default for Knoppmyth R5C7 on a regular TV
show that comes on weekly the resulting nuv is of very good quality.  Just
wondering if anyone else is seeing this same problem.  Could it be that they
were live recording and that they are encoded differently when broadcasted?

On another note when recording with composite my sound on the recording is
choppy...

Other than that I am a happy camper with my Mythbox :).

Thanks for your time.