[mythtv-users] overscan setting

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jul 11 04:07:21 UTC 2006

I suggest that you find the standard nvidia-settings-rc file (name???)
then run

nvidia-settings -l --config /home/yourname/my_own_nvidia_settings_rc

in your startup scripts somewhere (I put mine into
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90mynvidiasettings )

as I had a LOT of problems with the interactive nvidia-settings utility
GUI, where it would randomly choose which screen it was going to adjust,
each time it was started, so I'd have my normal CRT get the TV settings
and vice versa.  Running with -l and it was fine. You can hand edit the rc
configuration file, once you've copied its standard one.  And yes, the
changes take efffect immediately, though I have had some weird hangs with
my IR when I do this.

Indulis