[mythtv-users] Radeon or fglrx?

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 10:44:48 UTC 2006

On 7/10/06, Robin Hill <myth at robinhill.me.uk> wrote:
> Actually, this is a reason you _can't_ use the fglrx drivers - they
> don't let you force the dotclock low enough to output direct to TV.
> I've been using the radeon driver for over a year now and haven't had
> any problems - the new OpenGL-based menus work fine and CPU load is
> pretty reasonable.

I hear that conventional TV-out doesn't work with the radeon driver,
is that the case? I would really like to get away from fglrx as it's
really unreliable. With the vga to scart, how much do they cost and
how difficult are they to get going? I guess the picture quality would
be higher than composite?

Robin(!)