[mythtv-users] Segfault when configured MythTV with XvMC

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 19:08:24 UTC 2006

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On 1/30/06, *Brad Fuller* <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
> <mailto:bradallenfuller at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     >
>     I've tried this before, and had disasterious results with FC2. Now I'm
>     on FC4 and the 7676 driver.
>     Do you have to do anything else (like a xorg.conf setting) other than
>     the switch in the Mythtv setup?
>

> I'm running 2.6.14.6 <http://2.6.14.6> as for some reason I couldn't
> get to work LIRC to work with 2.6.15.1 <http://2.6.15.1> ( and as .14
> works well I couldn't be bothered looking on what was wrong after
> spending weeks getting it to work)
> I do no have any really special in xorg.conf, I added a while back
> "Option      "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"" while I was trying and never
> removed it.
> I do not know if it makes a difference or not
wasn't there something about "XvmcUsesTextures"  option that you can't
use it on the S-Video output? Or was it that it can be used only on on
monitor?

There was some restriction and I can't remember what it was when dealing
with 2 monitors (I have a CRT on the VGA port and a TV on the S-video)

I just tried it and the OSD shakes wildly with the Xvmc option enabled.
(I don't have the  "XvmcUsesTextures"  option enabled at the moment.