[mythtv-users] Guide data setup for mixed ATSC/QAM & NTSC backend? Multiple xmltv feeds needed?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jan 30 02:46:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 19:40 -0700, Chad wrote:
> On 1/29/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> What about the option for "TV Format" where ATSC and NTSC appears?
> I've got one big, new HDTV and the rest of my TV's are all old school
> 32" CRT's...

It won't work, MythTV has no idea if a capture card can only do ATSC
or NTSC. If a source is connected to a card input MythTV assumes that
input can get all the channels listed in that source. If it is a digital
card it will realize that it can't receive that channel when you (or
the scheduler) tune to the channel, but if it is an analog card it will
gladly record static.

-- Daniel