[mythtv-users] Mythtv rebooting system

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:09:23 UTC 2006

On the topic of thermal goo, how do I figure out if  my P4 is running at
full speed?  I've read that the P4 will automatically slow itself if it gets
too hot.  Well, how am I to know if this is happening?

To avoid being laughed off the list, I won't mention what I am currently
using in lieu of thermal goo, but rest assured that it would get me laughed
off the list.

If I can't determine directly whether my processor is throttling itself, can
anybody suggest any benchmarks I might try?

To veer back toward the topic, my machine has randomly rebooted a few times,
but not since newegg sent my new power supply.  Apparently you don't need to
actually upgrade your power supply, sometimes your power supply just needs a
better one looking over its shoulder.