[mythtv-users] Tivo to Myth migration

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sun Jan 29 00:02:18 UTC 2006

    > Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 02:15:28 -0800
    > From: Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org>

    > not sure if anyone's even remotely interested in this, but I've
    > cobbled together a script that will pull a show from a S1 Tivo and put
    > it into the "Watch Recordings" screen on myth.  The script still needs
    > some finishing touches though.  (Okay - it's pretty rough to look at.

That's very slick.  We're actually in the process of migrating from
TiVo to Myth right now as we cut over our research platform, so this
could come in quite handy.  (I've had a network interface in the box
for years, but never really used it; this is an original series 1 TiVo
running 3.0-01-1-000.)

Do you or anyone else happen to know of a way to migrate (or at least
pull out, so I can run perl scripts or Emacs macros or whatever) the
season pass and wishlist information?  We've currently got a combined
SP/WL list of at least 400, and it'd be nice to convert those into the
appropriate mysql rules for the Myth, so someone doesn't have to type
in every single one by hand (at least this time with a real keyboard,
unlike the TiVo. :) Something that goes all the way would be most
excellent, but even something that just dumps the SP/WL into a file
that could be massaged would be better than sitting there with both
UI's side-by-side on the screen, transcribing rules...

Thanks!