[mythtv-users] VCR Manual Record

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 15:13:33 UTC 2006

On 26/01/06, Nathan Allen Stratton <nathan at robotics.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
> > Set your input to start on channel 1000.
>
> Same problme, the issue I think is that it is trying to change the
> channel, but it is a VCR on that input, there is no channel to change to.

IIRC you still need to change your starting channel for the input you
have the VCR connected to to the channum that the 'dummy' channel has.
(And make sure the dummy channel has a channum) On a direct input
there is no real channel changing (unless you are controlling it
externally) but I think channels still need to be 'changed' to.

If you log in to the database, what output do you get from the
following queries:

> SELECT inputname,startchan,sourceid FROM cardinput WHERE cardinput.sourceid="4";
> SELECT channum,callsign,name,sourceid FROM channel WHERE channel.sourceid="4";

Hopefully there should be a match between startchan in the first query
and channum in the second (assuming your direct connection is
sourceid=4).

Nick