[mythtv-users] Manually enter freq. in database.

Tom Burt benefici at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 28 09:18:49 UTC 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 23:00, Martin Madsen wrote:
> Hi Myth-list,
> I'm using a Hauppauge PVR 350 and MythTV running on a Ubuntu linux.
> My backend starts fine but I cannot see any channels. (Only snow on the
> screen)
> I'm using XMLTV.
> So I'm looking for a way to put the frequencies into my database manually
> because the "scan channels" option in mythtv-setup doesn't work (I can't
> select it.)
> Anybody knows what to look after in the database and in what format I need
> to plug in the frequencies? My frequencies are listed on my cable
> provider's homepage in this format:
> http://www.tre-for.dk/default.aspx?m=2&i=220

You have to update the columns "freqid" and "finetune" in the table "channel".
I had the same problem as you, so I created an Openoffice spreadsheet that
generates the necessary update statements from something like your web page.
The idea is that you search the frequency closest to yours in the "official"
list of channels which will give freqid (e.g. 48.250MHz -> E2, 55.250MHz ->
E3, 62.250MHz -> E4 etc.) and then calculate
finetune = (<your freq> - <official freq>) * 16
If you are interested, I can send you the spreadsheet or give all the details
if you prefer to use a different tool.
Tom