[mythtv-users] Transcoded recording and mythburn

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:49:14 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, wretch <the.wretch at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The past two weeks I've tried to burn one of my (transcoded) recordings to
> dvd using mythburn.
>  The problems started after i edited and transcoded the recording.
>  Non transcoded recording don't give any problems when using MythBurn.
>
>  I think the problem is that MythBurn can't handle recording in NuppelVideo
> (RTJpg) format.

That is correct. MythBurn currently only works with recordings that
are MPEG2 and exactly DVD resolution.

>  Is there a way to transcode the recording back to mpeg2 ??

Do you mean .. convert it back into mpeg2 and have it overwrite the
file in mythtv so that you can use mythtvburn, or do you mean make a
copy of the file that is a proper dvd-ready mpeg2?

You might want to try these tools:

nuvexport - https://svn.forevermore.net/nuvexport/
nuv2disc - http://extras.mythtvtalk.com/
tovid - http://tovid.org