[mythtv-users] Mysql complains at me

kteague@speakeasy.net kteague at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 27 00:45:50 UTC 2006

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I believe the operative word, here, is, "project".  The project is for developers, by developers.  The product is by developers, for hobbiests.

That said, I agree with most of the replies to this thread.  If you're not willing to put forth some effort to build/maintain your MythTV setup, then you're not a MythTV hobbiest, and MythTV isn't for you.  I fall in this boat.  Originally, I was looking for something to replace my DirecTiVo unit.  I'm a network/computer technician, by trade, but I don't want to go home and fix more computer problems, especially when I want to unwind from a long days work.

- Ken