[mythtv-users] Quick Question (MythDVD)

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Wed Jan 25 18:46:12 UTC 2006

>I am not getting to next screen...just acts as if I am clicking it...nothing happens.
>
>-r

I gave a few other suggestions, such as starting mtd manually, and looking in
the mtd.log file. What is the result of these?

On 1/25/06, James C. Dastrup <jc at dastrup.com> wrote:

	>Ronald Kohsman wrote:
	>> I keep clicking on the rip dvd and nothing happens. I'm not sure where
	>> the log file is or where to look for the error.
	>>
	>> I looked in the /var/log/mythtv
	>>
	>> nothing

	Are you getting the initial prompt to Start the MythTranscoding daemon (mtd)?
	If this appears, you should hit a number to start it. Or you may start it
	manually. It may be helpful to start it manually, from a terminal window, so
	you can see much easier what is going on.

	Be sure you start mtd under the same user account as mythfrontend! If you
	sudo mythfrontend, then be sure to sudo mtd as well.

	Once mtd is running, you should be able to hit 0, and the contents of your
	DVD will appear.  Once you have select at least one title to process, hit 0
	again.

	At this point, if you get nothing, or it returns to the main screen, the mtd
	has it's own log file that it keeps.  'mtd.log ' is found in the directory
	you specify in setup for the location of the video temp directory.

	Hope something here helps,
	James