[mythtv-users] MythBurn

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Wed Jan 25 18:34:16 UTC 2006

At 01:19 PM 1/25/2006, you wrote:
>Jim Reith wrote:
> > At 12:26 PM 1/25/2006, you wrote:
> >
> >> Any reason why MythBurn is not included in the mythtv-suite?  It is one
> >> of the things I was looking forward to the most with a MythTV.
> >>

> > it's now included with the latest KnoppMyth

>I am using Ubuntu, I did a KnoppMyth install and everything worked
>pretty good, then I started having some problems and did not know where
>to start.
>So I decided to use Ubuntu ( My current favorite distro ) so I could
>learn some of the ins & outs.  Only thing is I could not get MythBurn to
>install.  the install.sh just seemed to loop and also it had some
>dependencies that I could not resolve ProjectX.jar and tcrequant.

Well, MythBurn has been under some recent development. I know I was
helped by Martin (Bene??) and there has since been someone else
working on the scripts. I'm sure it's just a matter of them not
having that Distro available for their testing. I would do a search
in the archives during December and you should find some stuff. My
questions were answered back in the July to September timeframe last year