[mythtv-users] Connect mythtv-users list to Usenet?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 25 17:42:51 UTC 2006

I've read that mythtv-users gets about 2400 messages a month. Based on
my experience I believe it. Thank goodness there's a digest, and that
because it's standards-compliant (unlike Yahoo! Groups) my mail reader
can burst them easily.

That said, the Usenet group alt.video.ptv.mythtv is now up and
running; I requested it be added to news.individual.net, probably the
most popular non ISP-tied newsserver, and presumably it'll appear on
Google Groups shortly for archiving. It doesn't have many posts
yet. I'd *much* prefer to be able to read this list through my
newsreader through some sort of mail-to-news gateway of the kind that
exists for many moderated newsgroups. I know this list is being
intentionally withheld from Gmane, but how do The Powers that Be feel
about Usenet?