[mythtv-users] Questions about Upcoming 0.19

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Jan 25 17:30:30 UTC 2006

> does it, as its pretty random.  This causes lots of jumping in
> recordings running conncurrently or even that live tv viewing.  The
> problem goes away as soon as some (not necessarily all) of the live tv
> recordings are manually deleted or auto expired.

 It wouldn't happen to be a nearly full XFS partition would it?

 Many people have reported severe performance degradation on XFS partitions
as they get close to 100% full. I've never seen it myself but enough have
pointed it out that it could be some of what you are running into.   If they
deleted data from the partition the CPU load would go down during reads.
(NOTE this is xfs/kernel related not Myth).