[mythtv-users] I'm getting real pissed off about IVTV

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 25 15:49:46 UTC 2006

>>> mythtv at bronosky.com 01/25/06 10:37 AM >>>
> Yes, I used an inflammatory subject to get some attention.  So
> before you flame on, find out about RichardBronosky
> <http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=47066#47060>.
> You will find that this is very much out of character for me.

Yep, we all know who you are.  And that myth is a lower priority
for you than your significant other (as is my situation - plus two
kids).

> I've been trying to post to ivtv-users and ivtv-devel, yet my
> messages get moderated and never go out to the list. (which
> this address is subscribed to.)  I've been trying to join
> http://ivtvdriver.org but the link to "create an account" does not
> take you to anywhere that you can create an account.  I can
> find no contacts for that site.

This is very strange.  I'm on the ivtv list too.  What address are
you using?  I use ivtv-users<at>ivtvdriver(dot)org (probably the
same one you use, but figured I'd just make sure).

to sign up?

> My MythTV box is half a PVR-500 away from working and I want
> to seal this thing up, but IVTV is a dead end for me.  Does anyone
> have any info about the IVTV community they can share?

It's not nearly as active as this one, but I think that's because most
of
those people are here anyway.

Is your PVR-500 connected straight from the incoming cable, or through

a cable box?  You do know you can't get a cable box signal to both
150's inside the 500, right?  Just makin' sure.

> If you are interested in the PVR-500/IVTV situation you can look
> into it here <http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=47185>.

Interesting.  Hopefully you'll finish this up just in time to start
down
the .19 road!

> Thanks for letting me vent, and in advance of the attention I
> know I will get from this community.  I wish IVTV was as
> pleasant to deal with.

ivtv is just a lot less active.  And most people can't do much other
than run the right version of the drivers.  Have you checked out
Jarod's guide, specifically the ivtv section, just to see if there's
any help for your situation there?

Good luck!
Paul