[mythtv-users] Soundblaster Live! PCI 7.1

Dave Bixler dbixler at wbs-wireless.com
Wed Jan 25 15:33:15 UTC 2006

I finally decided to ditch my Diamond Monster Sound card as I could not
resolve the issues with the audio.  I dropped in a Sound Blaster Live
PCI 7.1 card as a test.  I tried LiveTV and everything sounded great.
When I watched TV, the sound would start right up and when I exited
LiveTV, the sound would cease.  However, when I attempted to record a
show, there was absolutely no sound :(.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem?  I did notice on the ALSA page that supposedly, capture of
sound is not supported, but I'm not even sure that MythTV is using
ALSA.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about this sound card?

Thanks,
Dave