[mythtv-users] Decent starter combined FE/BE barebones system for $99 AR?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 15:13:06 UTC 2006

Just thought I'd pass this along, TigerDirect is offering the following
barebones special for $189.99 - $90 MIR (good thru 1/31/2006)

http://www.roosster.com/rstr/l/1237537/

- Premium ATX mid-tower case w/400-watt PS
- Biostar M7NCG 400 (nForce 2 IGP/MCP, Socket A, micro-ATX) (TV-out
requires optional bracket)
- AMD Sempron 3300+
- Ultra Socket A/370 Copper Core CPU fan

Just add memory, a hard drive & tuner card(s)!

(Note this is the :"M7NCG 400", not the "M7NCG".  Difference?
Southbridge chipset, MCP (no firewire) vs. MCP-T (with firewire).
Also, the "400" has the TV-out header, original M7NCG doesn't.

Obviously not an HTPC case, and who knows what kind of crap power supply
is in it... oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if the TV-out bracket is
nearly impossible to find... but might make a good starter system...
anybody have any experience with using this mobo for Myth?

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for TigerDirect, and I cannot vouch for the
ease/reliability of their rebates.  Buyer beware!

-JAC