[mythtv-users] Possible to "fix" data from zap2it?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 20 21:59:14 UTC 2006

On 01/20/2006 03:28 PM, Michael Norman wrote:
> The last few times I've tried to schedule "Commander in Chief", I have had
> conflicts that do not make sense. After a little bit of digging, I
> realized that
> the problem is that the data from zap2it reports that the episode is
> 61 mins
> long (09:59 -> 11:00 pm). This means that I can't schedule a 1 hr show
> before it because - naturally - the 1 hr show doesn't "fit" into the
> 59 min timeslot.
>
> I have temporarily fixed it by putting a "-1" in the "record early"
> field, but I
> was wondering if we could add a global feature that "fixes" such data
> from zap2it -
> a "round to the nearest hour" (or round to the nearest half-hour for
> 31 min
> shows)?
NO!!!

The DataDirect data is correct.  The networks are the problem.  They're
doing this explicitly so that TiVo users have problems recording stuff
from other networks (and, hoping that makes them record the "short"
59-minute program that comes before CiC).  However, Myth users have the
benefit of being able to add more capture cards so they don't have to
worry about these things.

If you don't have additional cards and don't plan to get any, you should
continue using the "-1" if you're willing to live with missing the first
part of the show.

When I'm recording Lost and they extend it by 1 minute or 4 minutes (or
whatever) past the hour, I do *not* want to miss part of the show
because Myth "fixed" it for me...  Shows that typically do this include
CiC, Lost, Alias, Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, Grey's Anatomy,
Invasion.  ABC is very evil.  That's what happens when you get bought
out by...  Oh, wait.  I can't say that in an archived list.  On other
networks, I've seen The Office and Out Of Practice shifted, too, and I'm
sure there's more.

Mike