[mythtv-users] Fusion Lite card and adding cable channels

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:59:43 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 14:45, Neil wrote:
> >Re: Fusion Lite card and adding cable channels Remove Highlighting
> >
> >I downloaded this morning 0.18.2 STABLE relese from cvs.mythtv.org but not
> >the trunk version. Is the scanning facility not good on this version?
> >
> >Thanks Will!
> >
> >I have no idea, unfortunately. I do know that I have very few problems
> > with the subversion build, fewer than I had with the stable branch.
> > Sorry, maybe someone else knows the answer to that.
> >
> >Will
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Here is my situation. Like what I previously mentioned,
>
> atscscan -a 1 -A 2 us-cable-frequency-something > channels.conf
>
> find many channels. Last night, it found 114 services. I did azap some
> channels and did see FE_HAS_LOCK. I followed every step mentioned on the
> thread/link that was given to me previously. However, when I run
> mythfilldatabase, it doesn't populate it.
>
> So, I upgraded to latest/greatest trunk version this morning and am very
> impressed to what everyone has contributed to this version. I can watch
> feed from my Comcast cable. I really like the scanning facility in this
> mythtv-setup version. However, some channels are capture as C103#1, C103#2,
> C103#3 and so on. I can still watch them though in "Watch TV". Program
> Guide however does not show any program schedules since zap2it will not
> have any match. How do I fix this?

you need to run mythfilldatabase to load the zap2it data and then apply the
info to the scanned channels. I usually do it backwards, load the zap2it data
and then use that to apply the mplex and programid information, either way
should work, just make sure to copy the two channel name fields and the xmltv
id field.

> Also, am on analog subsription, when I just watch my comcast on my regular
> television, I see channels I like but I don't see it in MythtV. Channels
> like A&E, HGTV, Spike and so on. Why is this so? Is it something to do with
> the way I scanned the channels, QAM-256? I remember seeing different
> choices like QAM-128 and QAM64. But have no idea if it will be able to scan
> other QAM channels when I change the selection.

your looking at analog channels on your TV, QAM is for digital cable only so
you won't get nearly that number of channels. For those its suggested to get
a PVR-150 and use its MPEG2 encoder.

--
Steve