[mythtv-users] Fusion Lite card and adding cable channels

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 20 19:45:28 UTC 2006

>Re: Fusion Lite card and adding cable channels Remove Highlighting
>
>I downloaded this morning 0.18.2 STABLE relese from cvs.mythtv.org but not
>the trunk version. Is the scanning facility not good on this version?
>
>Thanks Will!
>
>I have no idea, unfortunately. I do know that I have very few problems with
>the subversion build, fewer than I had with the stable branch. Sorry, maybe
>someone else knows the answer to that.

>Will

Hey guys,

Here is my situation. Like what I previously mentioned,

atscscan -a 1 -A 2 us-cable-frequency-something > channels.conf

find many channels. Last night, it found 114 services. I did azap some
channels and did see FE_HAS_LOCK. I followed every step mentioned on the
thread/link that was given to me previously. However, when I run
mythfilldatabase, it doesn't populate it.

So, I upgraded to latest/greatest trunk version this morning and am very
impressed to what everyone has contributed to this version. I can watch feed
from my Comcast cable. I really like the scanning facility in this
mythtv-setup version. However, some channels are capture as C103#1, C103#2,
C103#3 and so on. I can still watch them though in "Watch TV". Program Guide
however does not show any program schedules since zap2it will not have any
match. How do I fix this?

Also, am on analog subsription, when I just watch my comcast on my regular
television, I see channels I like but I don't see it in MythtV. Channels
like A&E, HGTV, Spike and so on. Why is this so? Is it something to do with
the way I scanned the channels, QAM-256? I remember seeing different choices
like QAM-128 and QAM64. But have no idea if it will be able to scan other
QAM channels when I change the selection.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

KUDOS to all the mythtv developers!!! I love the closed caption feature. :D
Picture in Picture looks weird though since it's a very wide rectangle, half
screen at top. But it works.