[mythtv-users] Changing channels on DCT2000 series/audio questions

John Brooks iresprite at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:35:41 UTC 2006

Hi! I'm struggling with getting my MythTV box going- it's been a lot more
difficult than I'd expected, but I'm really close. I have two issues in
front of me now:

1.) When I try to change channels, I end up getting static on every other
channel except channel three. I'm guessing that this is because the channel
I'm changing is on the OVR receiver, and not the Motorola DCT2000 series set
top box I'm connected to. I have a serial cable going out from the first
serial port (which I'm assuming is ttyS0), and I got my hands on a copy of
"channel" from here:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5906&view=previous&

Once I got the permissions on ttyS0 set correctly, I told mythtv to use
/usr/bin/channel to change channels; this does not appear to work. I'm not
sure how to look for output that might tell em what's going wrong here.

2.) I have a mobo with an nforce chipset (ABIT NF7-S), and thus SP/DIF
output. I was able to get the digital sound working in xmms, so I know the
sound works. However, I'm not sure how to get the sound working in MythTV. I
tried following the instructions on this page, but still can't get sound:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo

Any help would be hugely appreciated! Best wishes to all.

Jack.