[mythtv-users] Advice on adding second capture card

Paul Barker myth at sixtimesnine.net
Wed Jan 18 08:42:12 UTC 2006

David wrote:

>There was some good advice on Nova-Ts in the archives - fairly easy to
>search for. Also easy to find on google.
>
>Do you have good DVB reception?
>This is a good link for UK digital TV - what cable to use from the
>aerial etc...
>http://www.megalithia.com/elect/index.html
>
>I currently have usually bad DVB reception (upgrading the aerial wire
>next week) - and Mythbackend sometimes has problems 'cos it can't sync.
>It's also impossible to say "don't record on this input" so as soon as
>you get xmltv going it will schedule for it and you'll have to delete
>shows by hand.
>
>David

Thanks David. I'll have a search about in the archives. I've been
reading plenty of stuff on the web and I know a fair bit more about DVB
today than I did yesterday! I had a look at the megalithia site and I
have good line of site to Billsdale (no obstructions) and I'm 21 miles
away. Since I already have a good loft space aerial I'm going to borrow
a friends set top box over the weekend and see what kind of reception I
get from it. If it's not great I'll have to have an outdoor aerial fitted.

With regard to Myth choosing the second tuner, I had assumed that it
would use the first input (my 250) unless there was a conflict and then
try to resolve it using the new input (Nova-T) is this the case ?

Cheers
Paul