[mythtv-users] Advice on adding second capture card

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Jan 18 00:16:23 UTC 2006

Paul Barker wrote:

> Excellent, thanks for the advice. I've been looking at the Nova-T cards
>
>today. With the above in mind I think I'll schedule an FC4 upgrade in
>the next couple of weeks. I already upgraded from FC2 to 3 in the middle
>of last year when FC2 went legacy so it shouldn't be a big hardship.
>
>Is there any additional information I need to know to get the Nova-T
>going or is it just a case of the right modules ?
>
>Cheers
>Paul

There was some good advice on Nova-Ts in the archives - fairly easy to
search for. Also easy to find on google.

Do you have good DVB reception?
This is a good link for UK digital TV - what cable to use from the
aerial etc...
http://www.megalithia.com/elect/index.html

I currently have usually bad DVB reception (upgrading the aerial wire
next week) - and Mythbackend sometimes has problems 'cos it can't sync.
It's also impossible to say "don't record on this input" so as soon as
you get xmltv going it will schedule for it and you'll have to delete
shows by hand.

David