[mythtv-users] DVB EIT Not Updating

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:52:56 UTC 2006

On 17/01/06, Robin Elvin <rob at fearsedge.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 01:51, Nick wrote:
> >
> > For this precise reason I use a program called tv_grab_dvb to get the
> > DVB EPG data when the card is not being used in MythTV. DVB radio
> > channels are not supported well in 0.18.1 so I use tv_grab_dvb to get
> > the listings for them so I can at least schedule DVB radio in TS
> > format.
> >
> > Nick
>
> OK, I've had look for tv_grab_dvb and I sort of have it working. I can't seem
> to find any guides so I'm guessing most of what I should be doing. I should
> mention that I'm doing this so I can finally record DVB radio.
>
> I made a fresh DVB scan and got an up to date channels.conf which I put in the
> same directory as tv_grab_dvb. Then I ran it and I got some XML. I then ran
> it again and pumped this into mythfilldatabase.
> Looking at the output it seems I got data for the radio channels but what
> happens to them? My initial mythsetup scan only added the FTA TV channels so
> I don't see any radio in the EPG. Do I need to do this scan again with a
> different setting?

You need to manually add the radio channels to the channel table - if
you compare an existing TV channel in the table to its entry in
channels.conf, it's fairly obvious to determine how the radio channels
should look. In terms of the DVB card - the settings required are in
the list archives as I'm away from my box at the moment.

I think radio channel scanning/support is being mooted for a future
release - in the meantime it's just nice to be able to schedule radio
recordings.

Nick