[mythtv-users] DVB EIT Not Updating

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Tue Jan 17 22:12:57 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 01:51, Nick wrote:

> For this precise reason I use a program called tv_grab_dvb to get the
> DVB EPG data when the card is not being used in MythTV. DVB radio
> channels are not supported well in 0.18.1 so I use tv_grab_dvb to get
> the listings for them so I can at least schedule DVB radio in TS
> format.
>
> Nick

OK, I've had look for tv_grab_dvb and I sort of have it working. I can't seem
to find any guides so I'm guessing most of what I should be doing. I should
mention that I'm doing this so I can finally record DVB radio.

I made a fresh DVB scan and got an up to date channels.conf which I put in the
same directory as tv_grab_dvb. Then I ran it and I got some XML. I then ran
it again and pumped this into mythfilldatabase.
Looking at the output it seems I got data for the radio channels but what
happens to them? My initial mythsetup scan only added the FTA TV channels so
I don't see any radio in the EPG. Do I need to do this scan again with a
different setting?

It's probably quite obvious when you know how but I'm loathed to do anything
in case I break my setup.

Thanks

--
Rob