[mythtv-users] Replacing MythTV remote... anyone have any experience with RS 15-2136 (or 15-2137?)

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:54:43 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, obscure information. <obscure411 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at the FC4 guide provided by Jarod, and his information
> regarding using a Radio Shack remote piqued my interest, as I'm really not
> satisfied with the remote that came with my PVR-150, and I'd like to use the
> same remote for Myth that I do for my other duties.
>
> The thing is, I just don't find that remote 15-2116 he was using very
> aesthetically pleasing :)

Yeah, it's not pretty.   But, it works well.     I used to have a 15-2116,
but then I moved to a URC-6131 "PVR Remote", because I liked the layout.

The thing I didn't like about the Kameleon is the lack of physical
buttons.   I also have a Phillips Pronto remote, and I end up rarely using
it because it just has the touch screen, and I need to hit the backlight and
look at the remote any time I need to do anything.  With the 2116 or 6131, I
can do it by feel.       I know it seems like a small issue.  But, for me it
translated into much better usability.

I used the JP1 tools to make my URC-6131 emulate my FusionHDTV remote, which
works great with lircd and mythtv.

The one drawback of the URC-6131 is that it cannot learn IR commands.  So,
if a device code doesn't exist for what you want, it becomes difficult.

So I've gone to Radio Shack's site and was looking at the Kameleon line, and