[mythtv-users] Mythweb problem

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jan 17 17:33:05 UTC 2006

> I don't have any log errors either, just the blank page.
> I was a bit worried about the "hostname" variable as
> using "/bin/hostname" on the WEB server obviously
> will give you the wrong variable to use for in the SQL queries.

that was changed yesterday...  no /bin/ (or it won't work in windows),
and there is now an override hostname setting in .htaccess (it was also
removed from conf.php, which I'm slowly trying to eliminate).

> For example the following from tv/recorded.php
>        $dir = $db->query_col('SELECT data
>                                  FROM settings
>                                 WHERE value="RecordFilePrefix" AND hostname=?',
>                               hostname
>                              );
> will need the hostname of the MythTV box.

no, it won't.  each host can have its own RecordFilePrefix.  MythWeb is
doing exactly what it's supposed to.  However, I'm probably missing some
config for this so it can easily be set from MythWeb....

-Chris