[mythtv-users] Mythweb problem

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Tue Jan 17 14:53:51 UTC 2006

> > Tried the new mythweb and like the layout.
> >
> > There is a problem in my setup though:
> >
> > The "tv" page is blank.
> > I suspect that this has something to do with the fact
> > that I am running Mythweb and the MySQL database
> > on a different machine than MythTV itself.
> >
> > The previous versions of mythweb worked fine in this setup though
> >

> I have the same problem, and I am running mysql and mythweb on the same
> machine.  There have been posts about this to the -users and -dev lists
> in the past month.  The suggestions posted there have not worked for me.
>  I have tried both php4 and php5.  I do not get any php or http errors.
>  I read through the mythweb README very carefully and followed all the
> instructions.  Mythweb worked for me up until about a week ago.  I am
> using SVN (8623).

Thanks for confirming. Always nice to know that it is
not only me.

I don't have any log errors either, just the blank page.
I was a bit worried about the "hostname" variable as
using "/bin/hostname" on the WEB server obviously
will give you the wrong variable to use for in the SQL queries.
For example the following from tv/recorded.php
       $dir = $db->query_col('SELECT data
                                 FROM settings
                                WHERE value="RecordFilePrefix" AND hostname=?',
                              hostname
                             );
will need the hostname of the MythTV box.

On the other hand the hostname to direct the SQL queries to will
be the /bin/hostname.

I will look into this a bit more if no one beats me to it :-)

Dag