[mythtv-users] streaming to windows (directly through myth)

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:02:57 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, Adam Propeck <adam at propeck.com> wrote:

> DSMYTH.  Google it or look at sourceforge specifically. It sets up the
> Myth:// and Mythlive:// and all that stuff.

ok, I should probably clarify myself. I have DSMyth installed. The problems
I was talking about come from when, after ds 'sets up' the myth:// and
mythlive:// uri's, wmp/vlc/media player of choice is launched with the uri
as an argument (at least I assume this is what happens). No player knows how
to handle the myth:// protocol, for instance WMP gives this error:

"The selected file has a scheme that is not recognized by Windows Media
Player, but the Player may still be able to play it..."

If it continue to attempt to play it it says "Windows Media Player
encountered an unknown error"

So my question remains the same as before.