[mythtv-users] Setting up an FAQ for LiveTV changes

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:47:39 UTC 2006

> Not everyone has the time to wade thru three very active lists
> and the associated flame wars and unhelpfull posts *cough*
> to find the scattered nuggets of information and misinformation
> and filter out the pontification, pedastal poseing, and podium
> pounding.
>
> Thats why FAQs are done now isn't it?

i was under the impression that if a user wants to run svn then they
are expected to at the very least be following the -commits mailing
list.  and it is strongly suggested that they also follow the -dev
list.  at least this is how it's been in the past so maybe this has
changed but from the mythtv.org site it doesn't seem like it has:

"DO NOT use CVS if you have had any problems getting the last release
to run. If you're using CVS, it's also a very good idea to subscribe
to the commits list -- I often include update notes and warnings in
the commit message."  obviously we are just replacing cvs with svn now
so i can't see why this policy would change.

as for when .19 comes out i would expect that the official mythtv.org
docs will be updated to reflect the new livetv system and the pitfalls
associated with it.  maybe the best way to contribute would be to help
in updating the offical documentation for .19 instead of creating yet
another FAQ.  this is just how i see the situation so take my opinion
with a grain of salt i guess.