[mythtv-users] Funny font sizes @ PAL TV resolution

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at bioinf.med.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jan 16 09:55:35 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone else has observed the following phenomenon: When
running mythfrontend at, say, 600x800 resolution, while my box is
connected to either a monitor or a PAL TV, everything looks fine, but
when switching to the native PAL resolution of 720x576, some of the
fonts used by mythfrontend shrink to an almost unreadable size (at least
if you sit on the sofa in normal distance from the TV). Affected are,
for instanc, the labels of the mythfrontend menu items and --
particularly annoying -- the EPG entries.

I'm using an EPIA M10k board and x.org 6.9.0 -- does anyone have some
experience (and maybe a functioning xorg.conf...) in how to overcome
this problem?

Thanks for any suggestions --

	Torsten