[mythtv-users] playslist for recorded tv?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Jan 16 01:23:33 UTC 2006

Matt Price wrote:
> in the "watch recordings" menu, it's possible to select a recorded
> program, push the right button, and then select "add to playlist".
> does anyone know
> a) what this playlist is?  -- I've never seen it actually activated.

It is what it says, a playlist of recordings.  You can activate it by
pressing MENU and the Playlist Options to get options for playing as
well as other manipulations of the list
> b) whether there's some way to manipulate the playlist more directly
> (e.g. change the order in which shows are viewed, etc....

No
> c) escape into the playlist while viewing, etc...

I'm not sure what this means, perhaps if you could clarify
> The playlist would be very useful for me as my kids watch shows that
> are 12-19 minutes long -- I'dl ike to set them up with an hour of TV
> in such a way that I don't have to run upstairs to the TV every 10
> minutes.  However, I haven't been able to use the playlist in a useful
> way at all.  And while the docs talk about playlists for mythmusic,
> I don't see any such discussion for straight mythtv.

I use this just for that all the time.  Add each item to the playlist in
the order you want, then press MENU to start it.  It even has a shuffle
mode if you want.  I expect to make good use of this during the
superbowl where we watch the game upstairs and I rack up 4 hours worth
of shows for the kids downstairs.

Kevin